Home Automation FAQs
You can add your Nest thermostat on the MyGuardianHome website. It's not possible to add this via the Guardian Protection app. But once added on MyGuardianHome, you can control it through the app.
Simply follow these steps:
1. Log into MyGuardianHome.com.
2. Click Settings on the left-hand side menu.
3. Click Manage Devices.
4. Click Add Device
5. Click Thermostat. If you do not see the Thermostat option, please reach out to us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328). We will need to enable the service on your account.
6. Click Google Nest Thermostat from the menu.
7. Click Begin Installation.
8. Enter the primary Google account login information.
The following features are available for the Nest thermostat on the Guardian App:
- Target temperature control
- Heat or Cool control
- Scene Thermostat control
A Z-Wave thermostat installed by Guardian has additional features:
- Integrated remote temperature sensing
- Thermostat and Fan schedules
- Fan Mode control
- Rule-based automation:
- Temperature control when you arm Away or leave a geo-fence.
- Temperature control when you leave a sensor open.
- Automatically adjust the target temperature in extreme heat or cold.
- Fire safety shut-off when a fire alarm is triggered.
This issue is caused by a power issue to the thermostat. There are a few different things you can check:
Some thermostats are powered by batteries only. Please make sure you have fresh, brand name batteries installed in your thermostat. If you need help changing the batteries, check out this quick video on how to change the batteries in your smart thermostat here.
If your thermostat fails to light up after changing the batteries, please call us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) to schedule a service visit.
If your thermostat does not have batteries, then it gets its power from your HVAC system. Please make sure the HVAC system is has power, and ensure that you do not have any electrical breakers flipped.Read More
To change the batteries on your Z-Wave smart thermostat, please watch this quick video:
If this isn't your thermostat, the steps to changing the batteries may be different:
- In most 2GiG thermostats (including CT100 Z-Wave thermostat), the bottom or top portion of the thermostat will slide off the faceplate to reveal the battery compartment.
- If you have a Honeywell thermostat, on most models, press around the edges of the faceplate to loosen the thermostat from the mounting plate. Then pull the thermostat away from the wall. You will see the batteries located on the back of the thermostat.
If you are unsure on what model of thermostat you have, or none of the above instructions match what is installed in your home, please give us a call at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328).Read More
- Tap the Lock Icon.
- Tap Unlock.
- Tap the Unlocked Icon.
- Tap lock.
To learn how to turn your lights on or off using the Guardian app, check out this quick instructional video:
If you're not able to access the video above, please follow these steps:
1. Scroll to the section named Lights on the home screen of the app.
2. Tap the light that you want turned on or off.
3. Adjust the dimming if the light module is a dimmer module.
Trouble logging in? Get help here.Read More
To learn how to open and close your garage door using the Guardian app, check out this quick instructional video:Read More
Set ScenesSetting a Scene in your Guardian Protection app allows you to preset the temperatures you want to adjust while you’re home, away, or sleeping. These three options are easy to manage by following the steps below:
- Open your Guardian Protection app.
- Tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Tap on the Scenes option.
- Tap on the Home, Away, or Sleep options depending on which Scene you want to adjust.
- Tap the Edit option in the upper right corner.
- Select the thermostat you would like to adjust.
- Confirm your thermostat collection.
- Tap Next in the upper right corner.
- From this screen, you can adjust the temperature, mode, and fan. You can also set a schedule or configure your temperature sensors from this screen.
- When you’ve finished, tap Done in the upper right corner.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner to confirm your changes.
Set a ScheduleYou can also create Schedules easily from your Guardian Protection app. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open your Guardian Protection app.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Select the Thermostat option.
- Select the middle Schedule button.
- Turn Schedule Type to On.
- Select a heating or cooling schedule to edit.
- Make the adjustments your want.
- Select Done in the upper right corner.
- Select OK.
Utilize Geo-ServicesBy going to myguardianhome.com, you can also enable a Smart Away option from the smart thermostat’s Schedules page. This option allows you to set temperature adjustments for when you are away from your home. Enabling this geo-service feature can help you save energy and money in the long run. To enable this feature, use the following steps:
- Go to myguardianhome.com.
- Log into your account.
- Select Automation from the left side of your screen.
- Click on Schedules at the top of your screen.
- Select the smart thermostat you would like to enable the Smart Away feature on by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the Schedule.
- Click on Smart Away toward the bottom of your screen.
- Slide the upper left corner of the popup to make the button blue.
- Select the options at the bottom of the popup you would like to enable.
- Adjust the geo-device range you would like to set.
- Click on Save Schedule when you are finished.
Use TriggersUsing triggers is another way to adjust your smart thermostat’s temperature automatically. Unlike setting a Schedule or Scene, however, setting a Trigger does not require you to set time limitations. Instead, Triggers use the temperature outside of your house to adjust the temperature in your home. To set up a trigger, open up myguardianhome.com and follow the steps below:
- Log into your Guardian Protection account.
- Click on Automation on the left side of your screen.
- Click on Weather Event – Energy Savings at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the pencil icon to the right of the Trigger.
- Set the temperature adjustments you would like to make.
- Select the box to the left of the temperature changes to confirm which Trigger you would like to enable.
- Add a recipient for every person and/or device you would like to receive a notification whenever a temperature change is triggered by clicking +Add.
- Make sure the slider to the left of Weather Event – Energy Savings is blue.
- Click Save to confirm these changes.
Several factors play into how long your batteries will last, including environment, temperature, and weather stripping. Typically, battery life ranges from 6 months to 1 year.Read More
A smart door lock has two parts.
Outer Trim: 4.44" H x 2.82" W x 1.19" D.
Inner Trim: 5.25" H x 3.25" W x 1.75" D.Read More