When your Guardian system’s alarm goes off, our award-winning monitoring center jumps into action. In many cases, one of the actions they take is contacting you and the people on your emergency contact list. Since an emergency may be occurring, we want to be sure that we get in contact with you as quickly as possible.
To make connecting with you easier, we’ve changed the phone number you’ll see when you are being called by the monitoring center. When you’re receiving a call from Guardian’s monitoring center, you will see the number 800.364.3616 and, if you have Caller I.D., you will see the word “GUARDIAN” displayed. This number will only be used for monitoring center calls. When you see this number, you are receiving an important call about your alarm system.
Why we changed our security monitoring center number
Spam calls are becoming a bigger and bigger problem, especially for cell phone users. We’ve found that some people don’t even answer their phone if they don’t recognize the number. Touching base with customers and emergency contacts are an essential part of how our monitoring center works. Unifying to one new number allows you to program it into your phone and always know when Guardian’s monitoring center is calling.
Make sure you don’t miss a security center call
- Program the number 800.364.3616 into your cell phone so you’ll know who’s calling at a glance.
- Write this number on any lists of important numbers you have in your home.
- Tell your emergency contacts to program this number in their phones.
- Use this number to notify the monitoring center of a false alarm or to return a call from the monitoring center.
- Never place this number on your “Spam” or “Block Caller” list.
- If you are using the “Do Not Disturb” feature on your cell phone, be sure to add Guardian’s monitoring center number to the list of callers who can break through. Please note there are different instructions on how to allow exceptions for different Android and iOS devices on Do Not Disturb mode.
- Because this number is only for the monitoring center, you should not use it for your customer service needs. You can always call 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) for your other Guardian needs.
We’re proud of our U.L.-certified monitoring centers. Both are located in the U.S., have achieved prestigious Five Diamond certification, and are staffed by highly trained, U.S.-based operators, all who work directly for Guardian Protection, right inside our monitoring centers. We hope this simple change makes it even easier to interact with our monitoring center. To learn more about Guardian’s monitoring center, read: What Sets Guardian’s Security Monitoring Apart.
And click here to learn more about Guardian’s Home Security Systems.