Your Smart Gateway is a device that connects your cameras to the internet. The gateway is a white, wired device, near your router. If it's in malfunction or you are experiencing a trouble condition that says it's offline, follow these steps:
1. Ensure your internet is working. Connect to WiFi on an internet-capable device, and verify your internet is working. If your internet isn't working, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
2. There will be an Ethernet cable that connects your gateway to your router. Ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected securely to the back of the Gateway and in a port on the back of your router.
3. Ensure that the power cable is plugged into the back of the Gateway and secured in place. Make sure the power cable is plugged into a working outlet.
4. If all the above items are secured, unplug the power cord from the back of the Gateway. Wait one minute and then plug it back in. Wait another minute to see if the issue clears from your app.
5. If it doesn't clear, unplug your main ISP-provided router/modem. Wait another minute and then plug it back in. Once your WiFi and internet comes up, the problem should clear from your account.
If the above steps do not fix the problem with your Smart Gateway, please contact us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) for further assistance.
To view your camera’s live feed on the IQ2 panel, simply swipe through the screens on your panel's home page. Next, select the camera you wish to view on the menu on the right of the screen. Press the play button to view the live feed from your camera.
If you don't see the camera you're looking for, try to enable it via the Guardian app using these steps:
1. Log into the Guardian app.
2. Tap the menu in the top left.
3. Tap Security System.
4. In the top right, tap the gear icon.
5. Tap Stream Video to Panel.
6. Tap Enable All.
7. Scroll down and click the Save button.
Your panel should update in about five minutes. Need help? Just give us a call at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328).
Please follow the below steps to set up Video Motion Detection. Our newer cameras use Video Analytics. For further assistance setting up person, vehicle, and animal detection, click here.
Your monthly clip upload limit is the number of new clips you can upload per calendar month. Each clip that is uploaded from a camera is counted toward the limit. Once you have reached the limit, you cannot upload any more clips until the first of the next month.
To find your limit and current clip count, follow the steps below:
Home security cameras require WiFi if they are wireless, because they need to connect to your internet to work. Typically, a minimum 2 Mbps upload and download speed is required at the video camera mounting location.
Also, you can check your internet speed with a tool such as speedtest.net. Learn more about security cameras and boosting your WiFi signal on our blog.
Your camera must be plugged in and connected to the Internet for recording rules to save. If you are unable to connect to your camera, please click here for help.
If you don’t see the rule you’re looking for, you will need to create it. For help creating a new rule, please click here.
If you have reached your monthly clip upload limit, you will not be able to turn on the recording rules until the first day of the next month. Please call us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) to upgrade your clip limit.
Learn more about your monthly clip upload limit here .
How to pause and resume video recording rules on your desktop: