Garage Door FAQs
To set up automation rules for you garage door, log into MyGuardianHome.com and follow these steps:
1. Click Automation in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click on Rules at the top in the purple banner.
3. Click the Add New Rule button in the upper right corner of the page.
4. Click Event-Triggered Rule.
5. Under “Automate My:” click on Garage Door.
6. Under When This Event Occurs, click on Arm/Disarm.
7. You’ll get a new selection that says “Panel is” with a dropdown
- Select Disarmed to have the Garage Door open when the system is disarmed.
- Select Armed Stay or Armed Away to have the Garage Door close when your system is armed.
8. Under Select Devices, choose which garage door to automate.
9. Under During These Time Frames, choose whether you want the automation rule run at all times or only during selected days and times.
10. Click SAVE.
Don’t worry, because this is an easy fix! The garage door opener will become disabled if a couple of consecutive commands sent to the garage door opener fail to open/close the overhead door.
Use the wall unit inside of the garage to manually to open/close the garage door. Close out of the Guardian app and then relaunch it. The garage door should read the correct status now.Read More
To learn how to open and close your garage door using the Guardian app, check out this quick instructional video:Read More