The instructions for updating user codes for your security system may vary depending on the type of system you have installed at your business.
Start by referencing the user manual for your system. Your system type and manual can be located by logging into your Guardian account.
Guardian also offers products that can help you manage your user codes remotely, such as EdgePremium. Please call us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) or find more information on our online security management tools here.Read More
We can assist you with establishing one-time or recurring inspections for your business security and fire systems.
Please contact us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) and we'll be happy to help you set up an inspection.Read More
At times, due to building maintenance, it may be necessary to place a disregard on a fire zone or your entire fire alarm system. Guardian Protection follows NFPA72 guidelines, which allow fire systems and zones to be placed on a disregard for no longer than 24 hours at a time.
Give us a call at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) and we will be happy to assist you with this request. If longer than 24 hours is needed, we recommend that you reach out to your local municipality’s fire marshal for additional information and signed paperwork confirming they are aware and approve of an extended disregard.Read More
Here are a few possible reasons why a motion detector may cause an unwanted alarm at your business:
1. You recently installed new displays, balloons, or advertisements.
- If you have displays hanging from the ceiling, they may spin when the air conditioning is on. This can cause the motion to trip when your system is armed.
- Make sure your displays are not blocking the motion detector. This could prevent you from arming your system, or cause the device to not work properly in the event of an actual alarm.
2. Pests are triggering your motion detector.
- Insects may walk across your motion detector, nest inside of it, or build a cobweb in front of it.
- Rodents crossing in front of the device or chewing on wires may also cause false alarms.
Testing your alarm system is a great way to confirm your system is communicating properly with our monitoring center and that your devices are working properly. We recommend testing at least once a month. Be sure to read the full instructions before getting started.
1. Log into your Guardian account or call us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) to place your system on Test.
2. Arm your system (the alarm will sound during this test) .
3. Open any doors or walk by any motion sensors that you would like to test.
4. You can receive your test results by email if you are logged into your Guardian account, or we can review them with you by calling 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328).Read More
Absolutely! Guardian Protection offers a variety of options that allow business owners to ensure their buildings are secure and that employees are adhering to their schedules:
1. One-click Open and Close reports with convenient text or email notification
2. Real-time arming and disarming alerts.
3. Video surveillance cameras allowing live look-ins on your smartphone or computer.
For business owners with multiple locations, we have several different options to help you with your security needs. Learn more about our business security options here.Read More