The safety, security, and privacy of our customers are our top priorities. When your Guardian account is activated, you will be getting several very important passwords and passcodes.
Make sure you know them and keep them safe! This information is vital to your protection, and the management of your account.
Keep in mind, you will have different passwords for different actions, like operating your panel, logging into the app, and managing your account. Here’s a simple summary of your unique Guardian codes.
1. Master Panel Code – Numeric code used to arm and disarm your security system at your panel.
2. Duress Code – Numeric code that will disarm your security system at your panel, but silently notifies Guardian of an emergency.
3. Limited Level Code – To give someone temporary access to your home or business, you can assign them a limited level code that can only be used for a specific amount of time. You can add a limited code at your keypad or by calling us at 1.800.PROTECT.
1. Verbal Master Alarm Password – Single word used to verify your identity when an alarm is triggered or when speaking to Guardian Protection. This password gives you authority to make changes on your account. You won’t want to share this password with many people.
2. Verbal Limited Level Password – When you are giving access to your home or business to someone you may want to assign a limited password used to verify their identity when an alarm is triggered or when speaking to Guardian Protection, but this password has limited authority and cannot authorize changes on your account.
How to change your Verbal Alarm Password
You can update your Verbal Alarm Password any time by following these steps:
1. Log into your Guardian account.
2. Choose System Info. On your desktop, System Info is in the left-hand navigation bar on your account dashboard. On mobile, it’s in the menu at the top right corner of your screen.
3. From System Info, click Change Verbal Alarm Password.
4. Enter your current Verbal Alarm Password when prompted.
5. You will be prompted to enter your current Verbal Alarm Password again, and then enter your new Verbal Password twice.
6. Click the Save button. Your Verbal Alarm Password is now updated!
Please memorize your new Verbal Alarm Password, because it’s the number one way we verify your identity in the event of an alarm, or any time we talk to you about your account.
App and system control passwords (e.g., MyGuardianHome)
You can control your security system on the Guardian app or by logging into MyGuardianHome.com or MyGuardianControl.com.
Your login credentials for your app and system are the same.
There are some expanded options in MyGuardianHome. But on a day-to-day basis, most Guardian customers primarily use the app to do things like arm/disarm or control smart home devices.
Make your system even safer with two-factor authentication (2FA)
Your Guardian security system account requires two-factor authentication, or 2FA, as an additional security measure. It’s an extra step added to the login process that requires users to prove their identity multiple ways before they can access an account.
Guardian Online Account Password
Your Guardian online account is where you manage important account information and services.
For example, you can:
- Make online payments
- Manage payment methods
- Enroll in AutoPay
- View past statements
Learn how to register and log into your Guardian account here.
How to recover your Guardian account password
If you ever forget your username and password for logging into your Guardian account, we can help you recover it. Just follow these steps:
1. Go to GuardianProtection.com and click Login at the top right corner of the page.
2. Click Forgot Username or Password.
3. Follow the prompts to recover your login credentials and sign into your account.
What to do if you think your Guardian account has been compromised
If you think someone has unauthorized access to your Guardian account, make sure you change or reset your password immediately.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log into your Guardian account.
2. Choose User Info. On your desktop, User Info is in the left-hand navigation bar on your account dashboard. On mobile, it’s in the menu at the top right corner of your screen.
3. From User Info, click Change Login Password.
4. Complete the form by entering your current password and entering and confirming a new password. The password must be a minimum of 7 characters in length, include at least one upper-case letter, one lower-case letter and one number.
5. When you’re finished, click CHANGE PASSWORD.
Learn more about password safety here.
Smart door lock passcode
If your home security system includes a smart door lock, you will have a separate code to lock and unlock your door. You can have multiple door lock passcodes and assign individuals unique or temporary codes.