If your door lock’s batteries drain too quickly, there could be a few different reasons:
- First, verify you’re using the recommended batteries. Guardian recommends name brand such as Energizer, Duracell, or Panasonic alkaline batteries.
- Ensure the batteries have not reached their expiration date.
- The door lock motor may be worked overworked. To verify:
1. Open the door and lock the door lock. The dead bolt should fully extend with little resistance. Unlock the mechanism and close the door tightly.
2. Lock the door again. Check to ensure the lock mechanism is in the same orientation as earlier. You should not have resistance when locking the door here. If you encounter resistance, the door lock motor is being overworked and causing the batteries to drain faster. Contact us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) to schedule a technician to assist with adjusting your lock.