Your Smart Gateway is a device that connects your cameras to the internet. The gateway is a white, wired device, near your router. If it’s in malfunction or you are experiencing a trouble condition that says it’s offline, follow these steps:
1. Ensure your internet is working. Connect to WiFi on an internet-capable device, and verify your internet is working. If your internet isn’t working, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
2. There will be an Ethernet cable that connects your gateway to your router. Ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected securely to the back of the Gateway and in a port on the back of your router.
3. Ensure that the power cable is plugged into the back of the Gateway and secured in place. Make sure the power cable is plugged into a working outlet.
4. If all the above items are secured, unplug the power cord from the back of the Gateway. Wait one minute and then plug it back in. Wait another minute to see if the issue clears from your app.
5. If it doesn’t clear, unplug your main ISP-provided router/modem. Wait another minute and then plug it back in. Once your WiFi and internet comes up, the problem should clear from your account.
If the above steps do not fix the problem with your Smart Gateway, please contact us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) for further assistance.