This may be an indicator that the deadbolt is unable to extend (or retract) fully. To check if this is the case, follow these steps:
1. Use the Guardian app or the number pad on the lock to lock the door.
2. Check the orientation of the deadbolt handle.
3. Unlock the door.
4. Open the door and lock it again while the door is open.
5. Check the orientation of the deadbolt handle again.
6. If the lock did not fully extend, make sure the door frame slot for the deadbolt is large enough for the deadbolt.
Still need help? Give us a call at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328) for further assistance.