When an emergency strikes, every second counts. That why we’re introducing Smart Signal, a new mobile app feature that makes it fast and easy for MyGuardianHome.com* users to communicate with our monitoring team when an alarm goes off. Smart Signal is such a game-changer, the Consumer Technology Association named it the 2019 Security Product of the Year.
What is it?
Smart Signal is like a direct emergency connection between your smartphone and our 24/7 monitoring team. Because Smart Signal is built into your Guardian mobile app, you don’t have to be at your property to use it. If you become aware of an alarm at your property, you can tell us whether it was an accident or if help is needed with the push of a button —from anywhere! Confirm or “verify” an alarm to speed up emergency response or quickly cancel an accidental alarm.
How does it work?
Smart Signal uses a set of clear, simple emergency buttons in your Guardian App.
- When an alarm event occurs, you’ll see two buttons appearing at the top of your app: CANCEL ALARM and VERIFY ALARM. (Note: you will only see these buttons when an alarm goes off.)
- Before cancelling or verifying the alarm, you can quickly scroll to check your images or videos while the alarm card remains at the top.
- Press and hold either button for three seconds to let our monitoring station know if the alarm was accidental (Cancel) or if it’s time to jump into action (Verify).
- Whether you choose ‘Cancel Alarm’ or ‘Verify Alarm,’ you will receive a message indicating your choice. Press ‘Finish’ to confirm and return to the home page.
- If no selection is made, Guardian will take the same steps as always in response to your alarm.
Important: Please note this feature only applies to police related alarms such as burglary, audible panic, and silent panic.
What are the benefits?
Urban Institute estimated more than 90 percent of alarm calls to police end up being false or accidental. By giving you the control to immediately dismiss an accidental alarm, Smart Signal can also help reduce false alarm dispatches. This frees up first responders to address true emergencies while saving you time and worry.
Using Smart Signal, you can quickly address an alarm situation with the press of a button if the cause is known, accidental, or emergency. The benefits include:
- Direct connection to our monitoring center
- Easy to use in stressful situations
- No need to speak or enter a passcode
- Less worry about false alarm dispatches
How do I get it?
The Smart Signal feature is now live for eligible MyGuardianHome.com users. Remember, you won’t see this feature on your app unless your system is in an alarm state. Only primary/master users will immediately have access. To extend this feature to other users on your account, update their access on MyGuardianHome.com.
*Guardian Protection has several different types of alarm systems ranging from basic to advanced. The Smart Signal feature is available for customers who access their alarm system dashboard at MyGuardianHome.com. If you’re interested in learning more about Smart Signal or finding out if your current security system includes this feature, please contact us at 1.800.PROTECT (1.800.776.8328).